Recently I forgot to bring my hair tie to the tanning salon when I went in to get a spray tan. Laying on the counter was a jar of these “trendy hair ties”. When I went to purchase one I was told $5. HOLLY MOLEY! $5 for a hair tie, of course I paid it. Well needless to saw I loved the expensive hair tie, but thought to myself how easy it would actually be to make if I had the right fabric… so I headed over to Hobby Lobby and it’s all history from there.
What you need:
- stretch elastic (5/8″ elastic on the glitter and fold over elastic for the rest)
The simple steps:
- Measure elastic equivalent to wrap around the circumference of your wrist, leaving an extra inch on each side
- Cut the elastic (a sharp scissor is best to avoid fray; cut on a slight angle)
- Hold the two ends of the elastic together and wrap them around one finger. Pull the two ends through the loop. (do not pull on the edges of the elastic or it will fray)
- That’s it!
- Spray Tanning Vs Tanning Beds (day0cheek.wordpress.com)
- DIY – Homemade Body Scrub Recipes (beautyblunders.wordpress.com)
- 6 Super Easy Hairstyles for Finals Week (collegefashion.net)
- DIY Elastic Baby Headband (tiptoekisses.wordpress.com)